Sunday, July 17, 2011

Have a cup of Hope!

Sitting here on this beautiful and quite Sunday morning (thankful for a day of rest)...drinking my lil bit of coffee with LOTS of Almond Joy creamer (Yum-O).
This mug was given to me by Laurie, my partner in crime for the TEAMS committee. Thank you girlie! Friends truly are a blessing. 

It has lead me to thinking this morning about HOPE. Our theme this year is HOPE RUNS ON HEROES. This means different things to each of us. What do YOU think of when you hear this? The word HOPE to me is so encourging. To have HOPE is to look forward to the next moment! To know that there is that HOPE can push us to go further than we thought we could or have before!

HERO.....gosh I have lots of HEROES! Some don't even know they are mine. You may be someone's and don't know. I KNOW you are! Heroes don't just wear capes.....The first hero in my life was/is my Grandmother. That gives me a great photo op idea! Stay tuned there....My most recent is our Race Chair this year Jill! She is awesome and has changed my life with just a few words....Thank you Jill for allowing me to be a part of the committee!

Ok, so now I wanna hear from YOU ALL! Who is YOUR heroes and WHY? You can post a comment here or on our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/komenarkansas
Shawna

No comments:

Post a Comment